I know we’re all looking for another way to needlessly spend money these days. We all need the additional headache of something else going wrong. If you like breaking things then you’re going to love this!
1) When transporting your rod and reel combos to and fro, be sure to grab a whole cluster of them… like a cord of firewood… the more the better! You’ll look really macho as you carry all your rods in one hand.
2) Be sure to squeeze really hard because you don’t want any of the rods in the middle of the cluster to slide down and drag on the ground.
3) When approaching a doorway or other obstacle of low clearance, be sure to tilt the cluster of rods forward in order to torque the heavier, reel-loaded butts of the rod upwards. This will allow you to pass through the doorway unobstructed. It’s just a little physics, no big deal. It makes for a great grip and wrist training exercise too!
4) If you’re successful with steps 1-3, the blanks of each rod will mash against the guides of adjacent rods, bending them into twisted flattened angles and pulling the guide feet out of the threads.
5) If you’re lucky, you’ll end up with a guide that looks like this:
Now you can add rod repair to your to-do list! Don’t you just love fixing problems that could have been avoided in the first place!