Notice: These hooks are sold out across the USA at this time. We recommend the Hoss Helix hooks as a great substitute for the TwistLicks until they are back in stock.
These weighted hooks are extremely good for rigging soft plastic lures to catch redfish, snook, and trout in water that is 3 ft or less.
Benefits: This type of hook vs. traditional bass-style hooks
- Weight on hook shank decreases helicopter-action in water when retrieving the lure which significantly increases strikes
- Corkscrew hold at the top allows for more fish to be caught on each soft plastic bait since it won't cut through the plastic when a hooked fish is thrashing around
Benefits: This specific hook vs. other weighted hooks for soft plastics
- These hooks are very sharp and strong, so they can easily handle big snook/reds and even tarpon
- Metal spike pointing through the corkscrew helps guide the hook onto the top of the soft plastic better than any other we've used
- 3/0 with 1/16th oz weight: 3" to 4" (plus slim 5") soft plastic lures for extreme shallows
- 3/0 with 1/8th oz weight: 3" to 4" (plus slim 5") soft plastic lures for 1.5 to 3 ft of water
- 4/0 with 1/8th oz weight: 4" to 6" soft plastic lures for 1 to 3 ft running depth
These hooks are perfect for fishing shallow flats and bays with soft plastic baits. Almost any soft plastic lure can be effectively fished on this hook.
Here's an example of how to rig a soft plastic bait using this hook: