Science Behind This Color Pattern
After years of testing out all different color patterns, there has been 1 that has consistently proven to be a top performer in the entire spectrum of water clarity and region...
And that color has been plain white.
The science behind this fact is that the white color takes on the tint of the water since the only color the fish can see is the tint of the water in between it and the lure.
The reason this is extremely helpful in catching fish is that the baitfish will naturally be trying to blend into the color of the water too... so the white lures automatically take on the right tint the predators are looking for.
The downfall of white is that it sometimes hides the lure too well given that it's blending in with the color of the water.
To fix this blending issue, we added in some flash to help ensure that the fish's eyes get drawn to it to maximize the number of strikes we can get.
But instead of just adding in either silver or gold flash (the two most popular and effective flash colors for years), we added them both to make sure it works when the fish are responding to both silver and gold.
And the initial testing of this exclusive Slam Shady color pattern has been extraordinary!
It has proven to outperform every color we've tested it against.
So if you like using soft plastic jerk shad lures, then we highly recommend picking up these lures so that you'll be able to maximize your time out on the water.
With this 1 color, you won't have to worry about changing to a different color because it works across the entire water clarity spectrum for both fresh and saltwater fisheries.
So all you have to do is select the right size, and the fish catching will be shockingly good.
Size Selection Guidance:
The size and silhouette of our lures is a huge deal (much more important than color), so it's very important to be able to quickly change up or down as needed to have consistent fish catching results.
Here's quick guide on when to use the 3" MinnowZ, the 4" Deizel Minnow, or the 5" PaddlerZ:
- 4" Size: Best when you're seeing mostly medium size (over 3 to 4.5 inches) baitfish in the area
- 5" Size: Best when you're seeing mostly larger sized (over 4.5 inches) baitfish in the area
Note: When setting up before your trip when you don't know exactly which sized baitfish is in the area, the easiest way to decide is to go by season:
- Winter & Spring generally has smaller bait, so start with the 4-inch version.
- In the Summer & Fall I start with the 5-inch version. But I'll be ready with 4" option too in case the baitfish are smaller than normal.
Construction & Pairing Info:
- 10X Tough ElaZtech® construction for lifelike swimming action and extreme durability
- Pairs perfectly with the Trout Eye™ jigheads for deeper water
- Pairs great with Mustad Grip Pin weighted hooks for the shallows
- Made in the USA
- Pre-scented in ProCure
Click Here to Learn How To Rig this Lure based on Depth