"The Mulligan is the farthest casting paddletail on the market that can also be rigged on weighted hooks for the shallows and jig heads for deep water fishing"
Bundle Savings: You get 10% off of these great lures by purchasing this bundle which has a 7-pack of each of the 4 top colors (28 lures in total).
Science Behind This Lure Design
126 years ago on a cold day in Scotland, Peter G. Fernie was electrified with excitement as he stood behind his workbench staring at the round white ball with dimples…
Based on Peter’s engineering background, he was certain these small indentions would give a golfer more distance per drive, but he had no idea this early invention would revolutionize the game of golf forever… giving golfers around the world more distance than they ever imagined possible.
It was a few years later in 1905, when English engineer William Taylor, co-founder of the Taylor-Hobson company, would patent the revolutionary dimple design - quickly making golf balls without dimples extinct…
Why were dimples on the golf ball so important?
It all boils down to aerodynamics… the dimples gave the ball such an aerodynamic advantage that it could go 100% farther than the original flat-surfaced golf balls without dimples! That means a good golfer could take their drive from 150 yards all the way to 300 yards due to dimples.
One day in October 2021, Salt Strong co-founder Luke Simonds pitched an idea for adding golf ball-like dimples to a new lure he was designing with a hunch that the dimples would give the lure some added performance while looking like fish scales too.
But the other co-founder, Joe Simonds, started doing some research and found the astounding facts about how game-changing dimples provided to be for golf balls.
Our very first prototype lure with dimples proved to be a fish catching machine, and the rest is history.
Here are just a few reasons The Mulligan will quickly become your go-to 4” paddletail lures:
- The longest casting 4” paddletail lure on the market. You’ll be reaching the fish your friends can’t hit! Try it out yourself.
- The dimples give this lure some crazy skipping action! Rigged on a weedless hook or jighead, you’ll be skipping this lure in areas you’ve never been able to reach before.
- The dimples hold scent better than a flat surface.
- Speaking of scent, each lure comes with a little scent already on it. But try a little Dr. Juice Saltwater Slam scent on here for even more strikes.
- The dimples double as scales underwater - making this lure look like a real bait fish!
- Perfectly engineered tail to give this lure the right amount of vibration while making it irresistible to fish on the drop
- 7 lures per pack
- Take “The Mulligan” challenge today to see just how much farther it casts than any other 4-inch paddletail
Mulligan Lure Specs:
- Made in the USA
- Length = 4 inches
- Weight = 0.25 ounces
- Dimples allow for longer casts and look like scales
- Easy to rig (jig heads and weighted hooks)
- Pairs perfectly with Hoss Helix weighted hooks & Redfish Eyez Jig heads
- Loaded With Special Fish Scent For Extra Strikes
- Super-Fast Action Tail
Available in both Regular Pack (7 Lures) or Bulk Bag (100+ Lures)!
Note: Here's what we like best for rigging these paddletails:
- Ideal weighted hooks for fishing the shallows (2 ft or less): Hoss Helix 3/0
- Ideal for fishing water that is more than 2 ft deep: Redfish Eye Jighead
Click Here to Learn How To Rig this Lure based on Depth